If your organization receives,ships out,or warehouses physical items,then you are likely going to need to rent out industrial space,regardless if you take advantage of a third-party logistics organization or make a decision to lease your own space.
Prior to starting your search,it’s imperative that you identify what your organizations’ specialized needs are when it concerns warehouse space,considering that not every space possesses the same infrastructure. As an example,not all properties can accommodate eighteen-wheeler shipments. Keep in mind,renting the inappropriate space can certainly cost your company thousands of dollars,therefore you and your realtor need to do your research. Never just depend on what the landlord’s listing agent tells you. If you need help with this consider hiring at tenant rep likeAustinTenantAdvisors.com.
When you have a notion of your appropriate square footage,layout,area,and monthly budget,you are all set to begin your warehouse hunt and start looking at spaces.
Certainly,there are a plenty of nuances to look at,therefore it’s necessary to clarify the specifications when considering a space. Shown below is a list of essential things to inquire prior to renting commercial warehouse space:
1. What is the zoning ? You really need to be sure the property is zoned for commercial use.
2. What is the currently permitted usage? In case that the property was recently authorized for industrial warehouse & distribution usage,and your usage is manufacturing,you might need to have to obtain a change of use permit. This could easily take up to thirty to forty five days.
3. What electrical related power is readily obtainable? If you’re an engineering organization,then you very likely require a good deal more electric ability than most (e.g. 3 phase).
4. How high can I stack ? In the event that you prefer to take full advantage of your capability to warehouse items,then you are in need of higher ceilings. If you intend on using shelves in the warehouse then you need to ensure that there are higher ceilings. The taller the ceilings the higher you have the ability to stack,the less industrial warehouse space you need for every sf.
5. What kind of loading area is available? Does the space possess a ramp or dock high loading? In the case that you’re needing shipments by means of semi-trailer trucks,then you need to find dock high. In case you wish to be equipped to operate a box truck in the warehouse then you may need grade level or a ramp.
6. Is the truck court big enough for semi-trailers ? Just because it contains dock high loading does not guarantee the truck court is big enough for an trailer truck to back in or be able to turn around. Certainly ascertain if the location is big enough to accommodate your vehicle shipments.
7. Is the warehouse sprinklered? Not every warehouse space has sprinklers,however, you might be required to obtain them depending on your business.
8. Can I park trucks overnight? Oftentimes,companies need to park vehicles over night,however not every location may allow that. Several places may feature poor surveillance,keeping your car or trucks at risk of vandalism.
9. For how long of a rental term is needed? If your organization is growing rapidly then you should just view industrial warehouse spaces that will approve a short term lease contract (e.g. no more than 3 years) or that might promise expansion opportunities. In many cases landlord reps may encourage you for a 3-5 yr lease agreement.
10. What is the asking base rate and expected operating expenses? It’s critical that you know what your total monthly rent will likely be. Make certain to ask about other things you are responsible for.
11. What is the vehicle parking rate? Many Commercial affiliated companies are in need of much more parking than other firms nevertheless not every location will satisfy that. See to it that your vehicle parking needs can be taken care of in advance of committing.
12. Will there be a TI allowance? In many scenarios the industrial warehouse space will have to have some sort of improvements (e.g. brand new paint,flooring,walls,demo,etc). The number presented will likely be dependent on the renters credit and lease contract term. The greater the lease term the more TI concession you should really count on.
13. Does the industrial warehouse come with HEATING AND AIR ? The majority of the industrial warehouses will be delivered as hot industrial warehouse space. HVAC placing is really expensive so property owners do not wish to set up them. If ever the landlord do go along with it they will likely necessitate a more lengthy lease contract and quite often a more costly base lease rate.
All these points simply just get you started,still when researching and visiting warehouse property,it’s very important that you know what you are considering and what specialized information you really need. Supposing that you aren’t experienced about renting industrial warehouse space,then look at enlisting the services of somebody who is.